Friday 20 May 2011

What 'Jump Break'

Has anyone else  become frustrated with the editing tools on their dashboard?

Whenever I try to insert a 'jump break' for some reason it doesn't work immediately. It's not that I am stupid or not able to understand how computer programs work - I have after all being using computers for over 30 years - but there are times when I could cheerfully throw my laptop out of the nearest window. The only thing that stopped me from  carrying out this vandalism on this occasion (well a couple of things), is:

a)  my windows are double glazed and would cost an arm and a leg to replace - I know, I may be able to reclaim the cost from my insurance, but I doubt the insurance company would consider 'damage caused by a frustrated would be writer' as a valid reason.

b) having to replace my laptop would have caused my accountant to have a nervous breakdown (he is still trying to get his head around my change of career and has sleepless nights waiting for my next excuse for not bringing in any steady income) and

c) (yes I know this is three things), just as I was about to throw it out of the window, I realized all my work hadn't been back-up for a while and I couldn't digest the thought of having to re-write years of drivel.

So what did I do? I backed up my work of course - now I can throw my laptop out of the window!  End of frustration - all I want is to be able to inert a 'jump break' and for it to work. Is that asking too much?

Later...

Keep smiling, keep laughing and keep writing.


P.S. By the way if anyone out there is interested in psychics, mediums etc., this guy is very good:
http://www.tonystopford.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment