Monday 14 February 2011

Congratulations to me!

This is just a quickie...


I am so pleased with myself.  I have actually completed Assignment 1 of the Creative Writing Course I signed up with Writers Bureau in September 2010. It's only taken me eighteen weeks to complete.  If I carry on like this with the rest of the assignments (20 in all), I reckon I will complete the whole course in about 6.9230 years!


Ah well, 'Rome wasn't built in a day' as the saying goes, but I really should speed up a tad. I mean, one is not getting any younger, and I do so want to write a 'best seller' and become a millionnaire before I reach 60. What's that you say? In your dreams?


Speaking of congratulations... it was wonderful  to see the film  'The King's Speech win so many BAFTA awards, and Colin Firth... hmm... if only I was ten years younger. I know, I know - 'In your dreams'. So that's just where I am going now, to the land of nod and my dreams.


Ciao for now. A1Writer UK

4 comments:

  1. LOL...well done Pauline, it's a nice feeling to get the first one over and done with isn't it?

    And hey, nothing wrong with having dreams (I meant the one about writing a bestseller and becoming a millionaire. Perhaps the one about Colin Firth is a little out of reach ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen and yes it is nice feeling... actually it's a great feeling.

    Hope your writing brings you millions too.

    Best wishes. Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Pauline! I'm in the process of completing assignment 1 myself, and have been for several weeks now, so it's good to know I'm not the only one who takes a wee while longer than strictly necessary to mull things over! Ha ha. Best of luck with the rest of the course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emma. Good luck to you too. If I can be of any help, feel free to ask.

    ReplyDelete