Thursday 16 June 2011

Feeling Despondent!

After feeling good about my writing a few weeks ago, I decided to pen a couple of stories and enter them into various competitions. Good job I haven't sent them off as yet, as my tutor's comments on my last assignment has left me feeling pessimistic.

I can't even drum up  enthusiasm for writing anything except a moan on my blog. Not that anyone reads it, so why should it bother me? It does. I am a writer for goodness sake! At least that is what I keep telling myself. 

Perhaps the job recruiting agencies are right - 'you are just too old now Pauline, best find yourself a millionaire (I wish) who will fall in love with you and look after you for the rest of your days, then you can forget all this nonsense of being a writer.'

I think a G and T and chocolates are in order. On second thoughts, I'll just have a chat with my mum. She has every faith in me and whilst some might say mum's are biased, believe me, my mum tells me straight if my stories are a load of twaddle - for free!  I may be in my late fifties, but I still love a hug from my mum!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline

    Cheer up, it could be a lot worse! I know that's normally a cliche but, as I wrote in my blog yesterday, I now have proof of that expression.

    The WB can cause despondency - I suspect you're not alone there - but at least you're still writing!

    As I am replying, you can see someone reads your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neil, for cheering me up and for pointing me to Alice's blog page. What an inspiration this young lady is. I'm truly humbled and annoyed at moaning.

    I know you read my blogs, thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pauline, I too read your blog and draw inspiration and comfort from your comments. I am back after nearly a month without internet access - major problems with Broadband - and hoping to write my blog etc. on a more frequent, if not regular, basis ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much Rainbow. Hope everything is okay with your Broadband now. Happy writing. Pauline.

    ReplyDelete